Incospec Global Field Services Coating Inspectors have almost exclusively run DeFelsko Coating Inspection equipment across our Coating Inspection division since 2002. The innovation, accuracy and durability of DeFelsko products provide us with the tools and confidence to deliver reliable results for protective coating projects time after time.
Features & Details
The PosiTector UTG measures the wall thickness of materials such as steel, plastic and more using ultrasonic technology. Ideal for measuring the effects of corrosion or erosion on tanks, pipes or any structure where access is limited to one side. Multiple echo (UTG M) Thru-Paint models measure the metal thickness of a painted structure without having to remove the coating.
- Large, easy-to-read, graphics LCD
- Enhanced one-handed menu navigation
- Pre-programmed velocities – simply select from a list of common materials or enter your own with ease
- Smart Couple™ – eliminates inadvertent decoupling – ideal for analysing large areas using multiple passes
- Flashing display – ideal for noisy environment
- RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant – weatherproof
- Impact resistant lens
- Wear-resistant probe tip
- Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt clip
- Two year warranty on body and probe.
- Precision ultrasonic transducers provide fast, accurate readings
- Certificate of Calibration (Long Form) showing traceability to NIST included
- Conforms to national and international standards including ASTM E797
- Built-in temperature compensation ensures measurement accuracy
- Gauge body accepts all PosiTector UTG (wall thickness), SPG (surface profile), DPM (environmental) and 6000 (coating thickness) probes
- Hi-contrast backlit display for bright or dark environments
- Single or two point adjustment
- Inch/mm switchable
- Selectable display languages
- Flip display enables right-side-up viewing
- Uses alkaline or rechargeable batteries (built-in charger).
- Min Scan – measurement rate of up to 20 readings per second with onscreen min and max for quick inspection over a large area
- Statistics – continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max thickness and number of thickness readings
- HiLo alarm audibly and visibly alerts when measurements exceed user-specified limits
- Every stored measurement is date and time stamped
- USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power. USB cable included
- USB mass storage – stored readings and graphs can be accessed using universal PC/Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required
- PosiTector.net account – a free web-based application offering secure storage of thickness readings
- PosiSoft Software Compatible – Continue using the familiar legacy software you have used for years. Available as a free download.
- Screen Capture – record and save image into USB flash memory for record keeping and review
- Software updates via web keep your gauge current.
For more information/enquiries, please call us on 08 8267 4744 or contact us.